Support for Pupils
From time to time life can feel a bit tricky. At Lordship Farm there are lots of ways that we can help you to feel safer and happier at school.
One of the best things that you can do is to talk to someone.
If an adult is making you feel unsafe or scared at home or at school - please talk to a safe adult and you will be helped. If you don't have a trusted adult that you feel that you can talk to call Childline 0800 1111. Within school you can find more information about keeping safe and who to talk to on our pupil notice board.
- You have the right to say NO if someone is hurting or touching you.
- You have the right to be safe online and to keep others safe - never give out your personal details (your name, address, how old you are, where you live or go to school) online to strangers.
- Remember that your private areas are private.
- Remember that there is a difference between safe and unsafe secrets.
- Always talk to a safe adult if you are confused, worried or upset about something.
What else can I do?
- Use your safe hand - who have you written on your safe hand? Can you talk to these people about your worries?
- Your class teacher will always make time you if you are worried about something.
- Use the friendship bench if you're feeling lonely at lunch-times or break-times.
- Write down what you are feeling and give the note to a trusted adult.
- Talk to a friend, they might come to an adult with you.
- You must protect yourself.
If you ever feel afraid or need someone to talk to, remember that you can phone Childline completely free of charge on 0800 1111 anytime, day or night. The number wont show up on any phone bills! Or, log onto the Childline website at www.childline.org.uk