School Development Plan
School Development Plan 2021 - 2024
Each year the school leadership team, alongside the governing body review the areas for improvement. Our current plan is split into the following sections. The school development plan is written to cover a three year period at a time with a five year overall vision for the school. If the Covid-19 pandemic has taught us anything it's that school priorities can change very quickly. As a team we are adaptable and regular reviews of the development plan allow us to ensure that we're always focused on the right areas for improvement.
OFSTED Targets from 2017 - Whole school priorities
- Middle leaders make sure that the curriculum in all subjects, not just English and mathematics, provides the right level of challenge for pupils, especially the most able.
- Support for disadvantaged pupils enables them to catch up with their peers rapidly in key stage 1 so that their overall attainment improves. (OFSTED 2017)
Five Year Targets 2021 - 2026
- Embedded behaviour strategy consistent across all staff, governors and parents. Full implementation of Herts Steps Training triangulated with SEND/Mental Health and vulnerable groups
- SEND transformation ensuring early identification through regular training opportunities. A pro-active approach to identification and resource starts in Nursery.
- Assessment across all subject areas and for all vulnerable groups is secure and used to move learning forward
- Communication amongst all stakeholders (staff, governors, pupils and parents) is effective and purposeful and supports pupil progress.
- Leadership – Refining of the role and structure of the governing body to allow for greater efficiency and strategic accountability
- Reading schemes across the school support improved outcomes for pupils.
To see the full school development plan click here.