School Development Plan
School Development Plan Key Issues 2016-21
Key issue 1
To ensure that the curriculum in all subjects provides appropriate challenge for all pupils and especially the most able in order that pupils make the best possible progress.
- To ensure that staff are able to identify higher attaining pupils in each subject
- To ensure that staff effectively differentiate the curriculum in all subjects for pupils
- To develop effective tracking of progress in subjects other than English and maths
To raise attainment and progress in mathematics by embedding the mathematics mastery curriculum, with a focus on the development of reasoning
Raising attainment and progress in computing with a focus on teachers, knowledge, assessment including measuring progress and curriculum offer.
Key issue 2
To ensure that the progress of our disadvantaged pupils is accelerated enabling them to catch up with their peers
- To ensure that the progress of disadvantaged pupils is effectively monitored and appropriate interventions put in place to address any underperformance.
Key issue 3
To ensure that middle leaders are effective in securing progress in their subjects
- To provide effective support for subject leaders to ensure they understand their core purpose
- To develop subject leader’s understanding of action planning and monitoring.
Key issue 4
Develop the provision in KS1 in order to better meet the learning and emotional needs of identified SEND children
- Ensure that the learning/emotional needs of the identified group of SEN children in Y1 and 2 are met through appropriate provision
- Ensure that the well-being of all children and adults in Y1 and 2 is maintained
Key issue 5
To develop our communication systems further
- Enhance our infrastructure and upskill our staff in order to provide 'remote learning' if required