Our 5 year vision (2016-21)
1) To raise our standards and expectations even further so that attainment in all subjects is significantly above average and all children make exceptional progress by the end of KS2.
We will ensure that strategies are introduced to improve standards in writing so that attainment across reading, writing, maths and science are all equally high and significantly above the National average. We will continue to focus on tracking children’s progress and use target setting and feedback as a way of promoting excellent progress.
2) To ensure that teaching is of the highest standard.
To use best practice from our own and other schools and support our staff in developing consistently outstanding teaching.
3) To develop a curriculum that reflects all current statutory requirements but which remains flexible and responsive to allow for creativity and innovation.
We will develop a new curriculum ready for introduction in Sept 2020. We will work to ensure that all recent developments (such as Building Learning Power) are maintained whilst including any new statutory requirements.
4) To promote the confidence of all staff by providing appropriate opportunities for Continuing Professional Development.
We will recognise the changing roles of staff and will work to provide CPD to meet their individual needs.
5) To develop our facilities to provide for the needs of a growing school population.
We will address the needs of a changing curriculum and the demands on playspace caused by our increasing numbers. We aim to install an all-weather surface that can be used by the school and the wider community.
6) To develop our communication systems further.
We will use state of the art technology to ensure that all members of the school community have easy access to information. We will ensure that parents are kept fully informed of any changes to the curriculum or our practice and that they have the opportunity to have their questions answered.