At Lordship Farm, we aim to provide an excellent foundation for a fulfilling life for our children.
We believe in providing the best opportunities for our children so that they become academically and emotionally well-rounded, resilient young people with a mindset that will allow them to grow as individuals long after they have left us.
At the heart of all we do is our desire to ensure that our children become
- Successful learners
- Confident individuals
- Responsible citizens
We do this by planning a curriculum that
- Helps our children to develop 'character' and the social skills needed to form positive relationships
- Ensures equality of opportunity and inclusivity
- Fosters our children’s creativity
- Creates resilient learners who are able to overcome difficulties and set backs
- Nurtures a love of learning in our children and the skills needed to learn independently
- Teaches the knowledge, understanding, skills, attitudes and attributes that will help our children to understand their diverse world.
Early Reading and Phonics
At Lordship Farm we use the Little Wandle, DFE approved phonics scheme for pupils in YR-Y1 and for Y2-Y6 as support for phonics and reading interventions
Please click here to find out more about what Little Wandle looks like at Lordship Farm
Please click here to find out more about our curriculum intent.
Our curriculum objectives are derived from the 2014 National Curriculum Programmes of Study and EYFS Development Matters. Please click here to find out more about the National Curriculum.
Our Subject coordinators have produced comprehensive documents that detail the objectives taught in each year group and are designed to ensure that our children’s knowledge builds incrementally each year, our curriculum remains broad and balanced and that meaningful links are made between subjects where appropriate.
Please see the Curriculum Map for each year group for an overview of the year and the Termly Overview for a more detailed look at each term.